FOR A GOOD CAUSE
With so many people strolling through our halls, it's no wonder why many charitable organizations set up their displays at Conestoga Mall to raise money and awareness. Conestoga Mall hosts over 45 groups annually, assisting them to raise over $185,000 dollars a year. There is one area in the mall reserved for use solely by charitable organizations. Read on and find out how your group can use our designated mall location.
To qualify for use of this area, your group:
- must be a registered charity
- must be able to provide a government-sanctioned charitable number
- must use the area solely for fund-raising and information awareness activities.
HOW DO CHARITABLE GROUPS USE THIS AREA?
Fund-raising is the most popular use, with raffles for items ranging from cars to quilts. The area is also used to distribute information to the public. It's a terrific public relations opportunity for your organization.
WANT TO APPLY?
If you represent a charitable organization and wish to set up at Conestoga Mall, please download and complete this form.
For further information about booking our community area or to forward a completed form:
Attention: Helen Mudie
Conestoga Mall Administration Office
550 King Street North
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 5W6
e-mail: helen.mudie[email protected]
If your request is approved, your organization will be required to complete a Temporary Occupancy Agreement and provide written proof of general liability insurance, minimum value $2 million, with specific requirements. Charities must also agree to abide by our standard rules and regulations.
- Please note that we do not allow solicitation of any kind.
- A skirted table and two chairs will be provided for your convenience.
- Friendly staff must stay and operate the kiosk at all times during Conestoga Mall's business hours.
- A professional backdrop is permitted if your organization notifies us in advance of set-up.
- No electricity available at community area.
- No vehicles permitted.