At LensCrafters, we love eyes and we care about the people behind them. With a career at LensCrafters, you'll find yourself learning, growing, and interacting with some of the most passionate and talented people in the business. At the same time, you'll be helping people look and see their best.
The Licensed Optician creates exceptional value in the lives of customers by delivering Signature Customer Experiences. Ensures customers are always delighted by performing the key steps of our selling model. Develops the optical skills of others and create an effective learning environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Customer Service by performing the following Sales and Service Process steps:
- Execute our CEE Service Model through Connect, Explore and Exceed
- Ability to support problem solving and troubleshooting
- Will engage patients, customers and fellow associates with use of our technology to support experiences
- Delivers the Diamond Service Principals and Service Vision
- Celebrates the LensCrafters Advantages and is a leader in the location that sets the tone for customer service
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for recurring customer problems; goes beyond symptoms to get at causes; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems.
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their lifestyle, Rx and price needs. Suggests improvements and recommends solutions to problems. Assists other retail associates with difficult or complex areas of customer product needs and prescriptions.
- Shows patience and courtesy with customers; tracks down answers to unfamiliar questions or products.
- Assists co-workers who have questions or problems; cooperates readily in group efforts.
- Acts as a leader in optical acumen that provides a voice for associates due to their expertise.
- Educates the customer on LensCrafter's guarantees and services including: eyewear care tips, complimentary adjustments, follow-up services, protection plans and warranties.
- Handles tasks, such as taking and recording measurements, adjusting or fitting eyewear carefully and correctly, is thorough and exact in details.
- Ensures finished eyewear meets optical standards and customer requirements/requests.
- Celebrates the LC Advantages at dispense.
- Strives to achieve "Exceptional Results" on LensCrafters' annual CEI/Functional Skills that align with brand priorities.
- Operates the Point of Sale terminal inputting customer and prescription information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Accurately operates the Point of Sale, when required, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions, such as credit cards, discounts, insurance and coupons.
- Proficient in Order tracker to support customers getting orders RWP (ready when promised).
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with Company provided planograms.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- State licensure (if applicable)
- Optical dispensing experience
- Knowledge of current optical theory and merchandise
- Knowledge of current store merchandise assortment and use of Inventory management systems.
- Strong communicator and listener
- Awareness of current fashion trends
- Sales skills ability to use and carry an IPAD / tablet
- Comfortable with use of technology to engage patients, customers, and associates.
- ABO Certification in non-licensed states
- Actively studying LensCrafters Quality, Fitting and Adjusting Program
- Previous customer service and retail experience
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Luxottica HR Solutions Group at 1-866-431-8484.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
- Thursday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Monday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- REMEMBRANCE DAY - Nov. 11, 2021 10:00am - 8:00pm
- BLACK FRIDAY - Nov. 26, 2021 9:00am - 9:00pm
- CHRISTMAS EVE - Dec. 24, 2021 10:00am - 5:00pm
- CHRISTMAS DAY - Dec. 25, 2021 Closed
- BOXING DAY - Dec. 26, 2021 Closed
- NEW YEAR'S EVE - Dec. 31, 2021 10:00am - 5:00pm
- NEW YEAR'S DAY - Jan. 1, 2022 Closed
- FAMILY DAY - Feb. 21, 2022 Closed
- GOOD FRIDAY - April 15, 2022 Closed
- EASTER SUNDAY - April 17, 2022 Closed
- VICTORIA DAY - May 23, 2022 Closed
- CANADA DAY - July 1, 2022 Closed
- CIVIC HOLIDAY - Aug. 1, 2022 10:00am - 5:00pm
- LABOUR DAY - Sept. 5, 2022 Closed
- THANKSGIVING DAY - Oct. 10, 2022 Closed